KidZ at Heart is a global Christian community.
As community members engage with the ministry, I want them to personally experience spiritual formation and feel compelled to passionately and clearly share KidZ at Heart with others.
With five new staff members and a fresh approach to communications, I'm already seeing this dream become a reality!
We all have a story.
As people come on staff, join a short-term trip, attend a training, or become a part of the KidZ at Heart community in a variety of ways, it’s a joy to hear their stories. Stories of triumph, of pain, of God doing his miraculous work in them. Each of our stories are part of a much bigger story—God’s story.
And part of God’s story is using KidZ at Heart to help children fall deeply in love with Jesus.
KidZ at Heart is a global Christian community that trains, partners with, and mobilizes networks of leaders to help children fall deeply in love with Jesus.
You belong in this community.
Highlights of 2018
- More short-term teams are using the nearly 30 country-specific Facebook pages to promote the trip, share exciting news, and provide real-time updates while in-country. Since 2003, KidZ has conducted children's ministry training via short-term teams and is thrilled to impact the lives of children now in 40 countries, including the United States.
- KidZ has started a fresh approach for communicating with potential and existing participants within the community. We identified specific tiers of communication for more intentional messaging.
- In order to stay ahead of the growing needs of the ministry, KidZ at Heart hired a new Director of Community Development, Jo Ellen Platania. Using her incredible gifts of project management and attention to detail, Jo Ellen will focus on writing and implementing key communications for potential and existing participants in the ministry community. KidZ can’t think of a better person to help others find their next step with KidZ at Heart!
- KidZ at Heart continues to extensively train staff members who are raising their own support. From online learning to regular coaching and support group sessions, staff members are well supported in community. An exciting 77% of existing staff are at 100% fully funded, and two new staff members have just begun the support-raising process.
- Vice President of Development and Communications Janna Firestone led her second KidZ at Heart short-term trip to Manzanillo, Mexico, in February 2018, and is leading a team through preparations to return to Mexico in March 2019. The team consists of six incredibly gifted people from Loveland, CO, and will be hosted again by Dr. Guiber and Casa Hogar Los Angelitos. Dr. Guiber is personally visiting with past attendees and inviting them to the next training. He recently shared, "Others have said they want more training and asked when [KidZ at Heart] is returning. I expect many more people, so I'm looking for a bigger building to hold all of us!"