Having said all of that about prayer in my previous post, this may be a safe place for a confession: I feel like I am way out of my comfort zone and totally beyond my capacity. UNLESS … (This is a vital defining point.) Unless I am surrounded by the fervent prayers of faithful friends. Unless God finishes the work that He has begun.
And God undoubtedly will do that - He will accomplish his purposes. So, I invite you to anticipate these things with me…
1. I leave January 28 with a team of four KidZ at Heart staff for almost two weeks in east Africa. We will lead a Great Trainer Summit for a group of Christian leaders who have already completed the Basic Teacher Certification. These qualified teachers will be licensed to lead other KidZ training events. Their completion of this Trainer Summit will enable them to multiply the number of times children will encounter environments which nurture their spiritual growth.
Please pray for physical stamina and protection - as well as spiritual, emotional and relational strength and provision. International travel for that time and distance will be rigorous. Ask God to give me endurance and joy; rest and health; wisdom and vigilance.
- Thank you, Lord, that You will guard (our) going out and (our) coming in from this time forth and forever. Psalm 121:8 May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help (us) to live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. (So that) all of (us) can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6
2. Following the Great Trainer Summit we will meet with the leadership of Kampala Evangelical School of Theology to learn how we can continue to effectively partner with them. Our goal is to provide some of the curriculum that they make available to leaders - both informally and as part of the accredited course work they offer.
Please pray for insight and understanding as we discuss educational processes and procedural details in a cross cultural environment.
May God make (our) joy complete by making (us) be of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, and intent on the same purpose. Philippians 2:2
3. Finally, we will spend a day in a spiritual retreat with our KidZ at Heart - Uganda leadership, the trainers and other partners. This time is intentionally used to meet with God, to love and know Him, to gain His perspective for our future work together. These hours in prayer and worship together will build unity and a sense of community among us even though we work half way around the world from one another.
Please pray that the Spirit of God will move among us to draw each of us into a deeper love relationship with God. Pray that the Spirit of God will teach us and form the life of Jesus within us so that our work together will bring Him praise.
- Thank you, Lord, that You are reconciling all these people through the blood of Christ to Yourself, and to each other. II Corinthians 5:19
PS: God tuned my heart with a tenderness toward his purposes in Africa when I was very young. Having this opportunity to be a part of what he is doing fulfills a lifelong yearning. Thank the Lord with me!
Would you be willing to set a reminder to pray for me while I'm traveling?
a sticker on your watch or toothbrush?
a ribbon on your bedside lamp?
a bookmark by the TV remote?
Thank you for traveling with me through intercessory prayer!