What would you do in a season of transition? How would you structure your time and thoughts? These are questions that I have asked and lived out in the past couple of weeks since my return to the States. I am not convinced there are ‘right’ answers to the questions because each person is individual in their temperament and preferences. But I know that I have desired to use this season to prepare myself mentally, physically and spiritually for the new chapter ahead. A blessing beyond words that we serve and worship a God who remains unchanged while we go through change.
“God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?” Numbers 23:19 (ESV)
Praise & Prayers –
- I was grateful to be able to get another informational piece out to everyone before I left on my trip! Grateful for the many responses of individuals following me on this journey.
- Thanks for the many Christmas greetings and pictures! Fun to open all the mail 😊
- All the traveling went very well – to Sioux Falls for Thanksgiving, back to Cities to fly out, all flights to and from Asia, back to Sioux Falls for Christmas and then return to the Cities. I believe that I am here now for at least a month! The good news is that I didn’t get tired of my suitcase during those many weeks.
- Other trip praises: I was healthy for the entire time! I liked most of the food that I tried, better than I had anticipated – except for that pepper that I mistook for a green bean!! I saw and learned so much about the three distinct cultures and peoples that I visited in Thailand, Hong Kong and Okinawa, Japan. I came back well rested. I am so glad I was able to travel and visit with these three sets of friends! Continuing to pray for them in their respective ministries. As time and space allow, maybe can share more stories and pictures about all that I saw and experienced during these three weeks overseas!
- During December two things came up unexpectedly that caused initial slight panic dealing with phones and finances. Yes, each was a hassle and inconvenient but I was blessed by God’s provision to handle and not becoming anything more major.
- Since being back in the Cities after all the travels and holidays, I relaxed by doing various projects and hobbies. I will continue doing these along with some planning and praying for the ministry ahead.
- Next week I also plan to connect with all my partners answering any questions and just renewing relationships. Pray with me that I can connect at times that fit into their schedules.
- Looking forward to a long weekend of fun and daddy-do list home projects with my dad next weekend!
- I start regular work hours with KidZ at Heart on Tuesday, January 21.
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.” James 1:17-18 (ESV)