New – a new year, a new role, a ‘new office,’ new relationships. Maybe you have other new things that are happening for you. There is excitement in this newness and possibly some tentativeness. I know that I have both of these in varying degrees as I journey ahead one step at a time. But God is with me and He delights in things that are new – a new heart (Ez 36:26), new life (2 Cor 5:17), a new song (Ps 40:3), a new path (Is 43:19), new mercies (Lam 3:23), a new commandment (John 13:34) and one day a new heaven and a new earth (2 Pet 3:13)!
“…put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.” Colossians 3:10 (ESV)
Praise & Prayers for me –
- The time off between jobs went quickly and I had a little piece of me wanting more time but at same time was ready to start serving again. The weekend with Dad was full, productive and fun!
- The new job started last Tuesday as I work from my ‘newly designed’ home office (section of my bedroom)! The first two weeks are spent in orientation learning more about KidZ and preparing myself to serve in a spiritually healthy way that can be sustained over time. Everyone has been so welcoming and encouraging!!
- This week’s orientation is focused on you and our ongoing relationship through prayer, along with the other partner piece of finances! I didn’t quite get through all the phone calls mentioned in the last update so will be continuing these over the next couple weeks. One prayer I covet your help in – my financial support has dropped some so I am praying and will be meeting with people soon to share about KidZ and invite them to participate through giving as well as prayer. I don’t yet have the exact number of what is needed, but it will be around 30% of my budget.
- I returned last Wednesday to volunteer and help with the Good News Club in south Minneapolis. This week I will be teaching the Bible verse. Love seeing the kids enjoy coming and ask questions about God’s word.
- This Thursday evening through Saturday morning I will be hosting a young lady (7.5 years old) through Together for Good. New relationship for us both and appreciate prayers for grace and patience as we spend time together.
- I am brainstorming a new thing – would you be interested in joining me in prayer corporately say once a month or a quarter? Depending on where you live it might be in person or maybe via phone or video. Let me know with a comment or a reply back!
Praise & Prayers for you –
- Thank you for being in this ‘new’ with me! I could not do this without you praying alongside me!
- My prayer for you: That you will be able to sing a new song every day in the midst of hard things knowing that God is working salvation in you as His child.
“Oh sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. The Lord has made know his salvation…” Psalm 98:1-2a (ESV)