You have heard – God cares more about our being than our doing – that is why we are human beings and not human doings! But my guess is that you probably struggle as much as I often do with the practical living out of this. In the past weeks I have been encouraged to do so, largely out of necessity because I can’t run and do anything yet in this role. It is not always easy, yet it is so good to be still and turn my eyes to the one who is able to put all the pieces in place and start serving from sitting at His feet in adoration!
“Be still in the presence of the Lord. Wait patiently for Him to act.” Psalm 37:7
Praise & Prayers for me –
- Thank you for so many who have asked how the role is going! It is going well as I learn, meet and wait on the Lord during this adjusting season. Much of the specifics of my role will be on hold until I am fully supported so that is where my focus is right now.
- All the shareable pieces are almost ready. Phone calls have started. Presentations will begin next week and continue through the next 8-9 weeks. Pray for appointments to be scheduled, good times of sharing with each other, God’s provision to meet the remaining need in these next two months so that I can be released to step into doing my new role. Praise for the encouragement of those already supporting and expressing interest in joining my team!
- How would you put actions to Philippians 4:6 to help you remember and understand the verse? The kids at Good News Club have come up with some excellent motions helping them remember what anxiety, supplication and ‘be made known’ mean! Continually praying that they will each apply the truth of this and other scripture to their lives.
- The time of hosting the young lady (7.5 years old) two weekends ago with Together for Good went very, very well! I was nervous before meeting her and blessed by God through the two evenings we had together.
Praise & Prayers for you –
- Thank you for your confidence and encouragement as I tread a new ministry path!
- My prayer for you: That you will rest in the presence of God and breathe in His glory and power. That as you face crazy and busy and overwhelming life you can confidently say that God is exalted above it all and will carry you through each moment.
“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10 (ESV)
Other Notable Notes –
- I highly value communication and letting you know what is happening as I serve because I value your prayers! That said, KidZ at Heart has a different schedule of communication - that we both are going to try together! I will continue to do one prayer update like this a month and then you will also receive one newsletter each month (scheduled for next week). You as prayer partners will receive the same amount of updates, just in different formats. Please pray as I adjust to this change and for those who previously heard from me quarterly to be receptive to this change.