In Sunday school a few weeks ago we read through Luke 1-2 together and then shared things that stood out or that we wondered about or that we struggled with. The Word of God is living and active and the Holy Spirit is working in believers and when these things come together it is a beautiful time of listening and learning together. How have you been encouraged by the Word?
“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword…” Hebrews 4:12a (ESV)
Praise & Prayers for me –
- Thank you for your prayers as my time is very focused on sharing the story and opportunities for giving and prayer partnership. Since the last update I have been able to share with almost all of those previously supporting and 13 other households! Though waiting for people to prayerfully consider their partnership the budget is now almost 64% met! Praying that God will supply the need to be fully supported by the middle of April. Specific prayers for this season include: ability to connect with each household (calling at the right time, people returning messages, etc), continued sweet time of fellowship when sharing together, timely replies after they prayerfully consider how they might join the team, and patience / peace for me as I wait.
- In the last update I mentioned adjusting to some differences in communication. I am feeling more comfortable with an online tool and the schedule for this change. I have also been very encouraged by the response to the invitations sent out! This week I will be sending out a batch of mailed letters for those having not shared their email or who prefer mailed information.
- This past weekend Janet (my supervisor) was able to travel to Canada and see the first module of training shared with a group there. Yesterday she told me that 41 individuals from 11 churches attended and were very grateful for the time to learn and dialogue with others! As I have been sharing about the overall ministry I am seeing/hearing the interest and excitement to explore this training and am excited to keep learning more and see where God will open doors!
- Last week while teaching the memory verse at Good News Club I was having difficulty having the attention of 21 kids, but when another teacher began telling a mission’s story you could hear a pin drop! Last night it was so fun to share the gospel through an object lesson of making a special royal treat in which many of the kids were participating and taking turns! Keep praying that God does internal heart transformation in each of these children.
- Outside ministry I appreciate and look forward to playing clarinet with the Northern Winds Concert Band (concerts March 16, April 19 and May 10), participating with Together for Good (connecting with host families), and a weekend with Mom here in the Cities (March 20-22).
Praise & Prayers for you –
- Thank you for standing in confidence on the Word of God and His Spirit with me!
- My prayer for you: Lord, for my brothers and sisters I pray that they will love your Word and be allowing that Word (written and by the Holy Spirit) to be alive and working through them. I pray that You will bring freedom and grace and joy to each of their days as a witness to them and those around them of Your power and might. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
“…If you will abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31b-32 (ESV)