One special blessing as I have connected with people in this past month is hearing their hearts, the people who have influenced their faith journeys, and their desires to be growing to be more like Christ. It is a wonderful team of people whom I get to call friends and partners!
“…making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel...” Philippians 1:4b-5a (ESV)
Praise & Prayers for me –
- Thank you for praying as I share KidZ at Heart and partnering opportunities. In the past month, I have shared with about 35 households and seen the budget raised as of today to 76.5%!! The remaining need is $1381/month for full support; I am still praying God will supply the full amount by the end of April. Specific prayers: ability to reach people (calling at the right time, people returning messages, etc), care of listening to others and praying with them, timely replies as they prayerfully consider joining the team, and patience waiting for God’s answer.
- Right before COVID-19 began affecting gatherings, KidZ at Heart did module 1 with a group of 20 in Kentucky who are now eagerly looking ahead to the next training! Though both locations held this year are planning their next events, postponed to the fall. Beyond that little has changed for the North American team as we continue to take steps of preparing to integrate me onto the team and seek locations for other trainings later in 2020 or 2021. The staff retreat will now be virtual community days Apr 24-25 with a fall gathering.
- As with you, my evening and weekend activities are canceled or switched to virtual meetings during this time of shelter-in-place. Already worked from home and using video calls so the work side of my life has changed very little, but the absence of other gatherings has been an adjustment. I do feel a little stir-crazy but am thankful for nice weather and have gone on more walks, seeing more neighbors. I am thankful for being well provided so trips to the store have not been unnecessary. I miss seeing my friends in person and while appreciate video call technology, there is a difference from real face time. I seek a healthy and purposeful rhythm to be differentiate one day from another and to have balance of work / non-work. I desire the motivation to use this ‘extra’ time for the best not just passing time, which seems more challenging during support raising which bleeds into evenings and weekends. I am so thankful for a housemate - and good friend - to be able to talk and process as well as just be together.
Praise & Prayers for you –
- My prayer for you: O sovereign God, for my brothers and sisters I pray that You will wrap Your arms of love and peace around them, holding them close to You. May they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that You are almighty and are working all things together for good for those that You have called to Your purpose. As they live in this truth, would they shine like stars and be the fragrance of life to all they encounter – in their jobs, with their neighbors, in their families and to the watching online world – as You spill out of them. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
“The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior… I call to the LORD, who is worthy to be praised…” 2 Samuel 22:2b-4a (ESV)
Opportunities for you –
- KidZ at Home is a new resource of KidZ at Heart just released this week; designed to integrate spiritual disciplines into the daily/weekly rhythms of your home (with or without kids!) I enjoyed the first practical, simple discussion on scriptural prayers. See more at org
- Corporate prayer and praise time with me and other prayer partners! Tuesday, April 21, from 7:00pm-7:40pm (CST). Connection details will be sent out to closer prayer time (or can be requested).