“I’m God’s favorite!” My friend Maggie was the first person I heard say this and it took me a bit of time to understand what she meant and to agree with her. But I can myself say, “I’m God’s favorite!” There is so much showing me His love, care, compassion, concern, provision, protection, passion for that it would be foolish for me to not believe “I’m God’s favorite!” Can you agree with me, not that I’m His favorite, but that you are God’s favorite?!
“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you…” I Peter 2:9 (ESV)
Praise & Prayers for me –
- It was very exciting to watch God bring the increase over the past month as He had laid on my heart that He would do in April! And this week I have been released from sole focus on support raising!! Pledged support is at 93% and when adding the average of special gifts, it rises to 97% with less than $200/month remaining. I am still waiting to hear back from some still praying about their partnership and have a few other appointments in the coming weeks. But now I am able to start asking more questions and learning more about the role before me.
- Last Thursday I received a text from a KidZ at Heart leader, “could he talk with me about something.” I agreed, having no idea what this could be about. When I heard I was amazed, surprised, shocked and many other emotions! Would I consider stepping into the role of VP of North American Ministries? KidZ desires to fill the program division with 6 VP roles and Janet who is currently my supervisor as VP of North America was going to move and cover the VP of Latin America, leaving North America open. But having seen my support raising progress and knowing my experience/history previously, the leadership was eager to offer me this opportunity. I spent the weekend praying and said “yes” this week. It’s crazy and it’s a bit surreal yet though starting to settle in now. So I will be learning a different role than I first thought – though many similarities being on the same team and focus. Pray as I step forward in faith!
- Monday I will share my presentation with all the KidZ faith-based staff and talk about my journey these past four months. Pray I will not be too nervous sharing in a larger setting and that others would be encouraged and be able to hear something to encourage their own support raising plans and goals.
- Minnesota’s shelter-in-place ruling has been extended to May 18 with tentative hope that things will start slowly opening up after that. I am desiring to travel to Sioux Falls over Memorial Day weekend! In the meantime, I have continued enjoying walks and bike rides in the spring weather, various calls and videos with friends and family, just a few store trips for necessities. I continue to strive to be listening to how God would want me to set into practice life-giving habits that would last past this season, not sure how well I am doing on that ‘assignment’ from Him! Realizing the longer impacts with the remainder of the community band season cancelled ☹
Praise & Prayers for you –
- My prayer for you: Gracious God, for my brothers and sisters I pray for them today in the mix of emotions and burdens and joys they carry that they will come boldly into Your presence to meet with You. While they rest in Your presence that they will receive mercy and find grace to help them in their time of need. And that each one will be strengthened in their inner being to know that You hold all things together for Your purposes and that you are completely trustworthy. And then as they prepare to enter the day, that they will know Your presence is with them always! In Jesus’ name, Amen.
“ – that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:17b-19 (ESV)