Would you rather…be covered in fur or scales? …always be 10 minutes late or always 20 minutes early? …be an unimportant character in the last movie your saw or the last book you read? …live on the beach or in a cabin in the woods? Yes, slightly silly questions that can make for some creative conversations with no right answers! (thanks to conversationstartsworld.com/would-you-rather-questions/ for these ideas!)
Would you rather return to ‘normal’ life from before the pandemic or live in the ‘new normal’ of after the pandemic? Some might argue that there is a ‘right’ answer to this question! I have heard many around me start asking what have we learned and desire to bring with us from this recent season into the ‘new normal.’ How would you answer either of these last two questions? I am not quite sure of my answers.
I do know that I have realized anew how important people and relationships are to me and do be able to enjoy those in person not just on paper or a screen. I want to answer with the confidence and excitement of knowing that it can be the ‘plan B’ or ‘second choice’ that makes me better and stronger because I am stretching and learning and listening to God instead of just staying in the ‘comfortable and known.’
’For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.’ Psalm 84:10 (ESV)
Praise & Prayers for me –
- Yesterday in conversation with Janet (former VP of North America) I told her that she handed me a job that is not the same as what she had done, due to the impact of this pandemic! I have seen two conferences in the past weeks postpone or change the format of their event, and wait to hear about those scheduled for early 2021. Training events are being planned for in August and October but we are also holding those loosely as we wait to see what will happen. On one hand this is a great time for me to keep learning and forming processes and supporting resources, but on the other hand it is a season of wondering what will this look like going forward. So daily looking to God to lead and direct that day!
- Praise that I have been able to start thinking and praying and dreaming of what is ahead for the North American department. July will be a time for more of this along with adjusting the tactics for the goals.
- I am looking forward to a mini-vacation beginning tomorrow through Monday, split between time here in the Cities and with Sioux Falls. In the past week I have been reminded multiple times how grateful I am for my roommate and friend and this season that we have been able to be here for each other.
- Though I long for more places/people to see face to face, I am okay many days staying home. Yet I have also become more aware of the danger to my mind and soul when I spend too much time alone, especially when I am without direction or intentionally to a project or to enjoy being with the Lord. Please continue to pray that I will make wise choices with my time!
Praise & Prayers for you –
- My prayer for you: Almighty God, for my brothers and sisters I pray. As I hear from them, I rejoice in how they see You at work around and in and through them. May they continue to see with Your eyes and feel with Your heart as they are molded and shaped further into Your image. Create in them a deep desire to be with You and to invite You to be with them in every part of their day. Give them rest in knowing when you call them to do and when to be. All in your Son’s most precious name, Amen.
’Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.’ I Timothy 4:7-8 (ESV)
Opportunity for you –
- Corporate prayer and praise time with me and other prayer partners! Tuesday, July 28, from 7:00pm-7:40pm (CST). Connection details will be sent out to closer prayer time (or can be requested).